The Perfect Valentines Cookie
When I saw this recipe on Pinterest I was just like….yesssssss! And what better excuse to make them than Valentines Day?
They are super simple and easy to make, and they are ridiculously addictive. If you love cheesecake, oreos and cookies, you will seriously fall in love with these babies. They don’t have to be pink…I just figured that was cute for Valentines! But they’d be just as amazing any other colour or not coloured at all!
Don’t freak out when they are still all soft after the nominated baking time. It’s supposed to happen! So don’t be tempted to cook them for any longer. And the cookies do need to cool completely before eating them, so you gotta be patient…and trust me, that is not my strong suit! But it’ll all be worth it in the end 😉😍
MAKES: Approx. 15 cookies
– 250g cream cheese
– 150g butter (room temperature)
– 1 caster sugar
– 1 1/4 cup plain flour
– 1 packet of Oreos, broken into pieces
– Food dye of your chosen colour (optional)
1. Beat cream cheese and butter together until fully combined.
2. Add in the sugar, and mix well.
3. Add in a little bit of flour (maybe a quarter cup) at a time, mixing it in until all flour is used and it is all incorporated.
4. At this point, if you’re colouring them, add in a couple of drops of your food dye and mix it until coloured evenly before folding in the broken oreo pieces until evenly distributed throughout the mixture.
5. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let set in the fridge for at least 45 minutes (or up to 2 hours).
6. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius (350 degrees F)
7. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Roll dough into small balls (I did about a tablespoon per ball), place on the tray and lightly press down on each cookie to flatten it out a little bit.
8. Once the oven is up to the correct temperature, bake for 10 – 11 minutes, or until the cookies are just golden around the edges. They will still be soft, and they are meant to be! Don’t let that put you off.
9. Let cool on the bench for 15 minutes or so, and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Now try not to eat them all at once 😉 Enjoy, babes!
The original recipe comes from bakerbynature.com